Eastern Medical College is a private medical school in Bangladesh that was founded in 2005. The main campus is located beside the Dhaka–Chittagong Highway at Kabila in Burichang Upazila, in the Comilla District of Chittagong Division.
The Kabila campus is home to a 600-bed hospital. Eastern Medical College offers a five-year course of study leading to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. A one-year internship after graduation is compulsory for all graduates.
Mr. Shah Md. Selim, Prof. Dr. Musleh Uddin Ahmed, Prof. Dr. Md. Kalim Ullah, Dr. Md. Abdul Quddus Akhand and Mr. Abdur Rouf established Eastern Medical College in 2005 and they are the Founder Directors
Affirmation & Recognition
- NMC –National Medical Commission of India
- ECFMG-Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
- FAIMER’s IMED -Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory
- ACGME– Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- MCC – Medical Council of Canada
- WHO –World Health Organization
- BMDC -Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
- Approved by University of Chittagong
Admission Process for MBBS Education
The application form, prospectus, and other information are available at the office of Sylhet Women’s Medical College, and the completed application form and relevant documents must be submitted to the office by the candidate or his/her representative in person within the announced date and time.
Document to be attached
The students need to apply in the prescribed form which can be collected from the principal’s office. The completed form, along with the documents is to be submitted on or before the date as declared in the advertisement.
- Attested photocopies of the transcripts of SSC and HSC or equivalent Examinations.
- Attested photocopies of the certificate/testimonial of SSC and HSC or equivalent Examination.
- Four copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
- Nationality certificate from Chairman of the Union Parishad/Ward Commissioner of Metropolitan City of National ID Card.
- Money receipt of the purchased admission form.
- The admission form must be completed properly.
- Admit card from DG Health.
- Merit Score and Position of the exam taken by DG Health.
Eligibility Criteria (Foreign Student):-Eastern Medical College
- You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
- Your eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course:
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/’A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2019.
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects.
- HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2021.
- A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 9.00 (Nine).
- Minimum GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 3.5 (three & half).
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5.
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C’. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3.
- Minimum GPA in Biology: 3.5 (three & a half).
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decide to get admitted into Eastern Medical College & Hospital.
- NEET Certificate (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) Must be mandatory.
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- School/College Passed Certificates.
- Mark/Grade Sheet.
- School Leaving Certificate (Testimonial).
- Copy of Passport.
- Two Passport Size Photograph of Applicant.
- Only applications transmitted through Bangladesh Mission abroad will be accepted.
- All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. Education Board, the Foreign Ministry of the respective country, and respective Bangladesh Mission abroad/respective foreign Mission based in Dhaka.
- Successful applicants have to produce all academic certificates and mark sheets/transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt, and filled admission form to Fortune Education for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from the Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by us.
- Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport, and a letter of intent to Fortune Education for advance booking of your seat.
- Having received the permission letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates,
the Medical College office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
Eastern Medical College Fee Structure
Total Tuition Fees with Hostel USD $ 35000 to 45000
Why choose Eastern Medical College?
One of the famous medical colleges in Bangladesh to study MBBS. The college offers a world-recognized medical degree at an affordable tuition fee. Highly qualified and reputed professors are available for providing a world-class education to foreign country students like India.
- Experienced professors for the best education.
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- WHO and MCI/NMC approved medical colleges.
- Fully air-conditioned classrooms for students.
- A library with a vast collection of books.
- Well-maintained classrooms.
- Best learning environment.
Quick highlights about Eastern Medical College & Hospital
|Year of Establishment
|University of Chittagong
|WHO, BMDC and NMC
|60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology Aggregate
|Yes, with qualifying marks
|Medium of Teaching
Eastern Medical College Bangladesh Hostel & Accommodation
Eastern Medical College Bangladesh Hospital has a multi-storied hostel building with all modern facilities. Separate hostels for boys & girls available. We have mentioned the list of Eastern Medical College Bangladesh Hostel & Accommodation below:
- Proper computer network and Internet facility for students.
- Well-equipped lab for each specialization course.
- Regular extracurricular & co-curricular activities
- Hospital inside college campus with all ancillary services
- Satisfactory transport for college students.
- A cafeteria and canteen are available on campus as well as in hostels with fresh and hygienic foods.
- Separate dining space for foreign students in the hostel food according to foreign students.Hostel Facility: Separate Hostel Block for foreign students: Girls Student Twine sharing room with attached bathroom facility. Boys students are accommodated in a Four seated room with an attached bathroom.
Fortune Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh is World Leading & Pioneer Education Consultant of Medical Colleges & Universities. Providing MBBS, BDS, BVSc admission for medical aspirants & prospective students who are interested to study MBBS, BDS, BVSc and considering higher study opportunities in Bangladesh and overseas.
Fortune Education has legal rights to process admission to Medical, Dental colleges and universities all over the world. We offer MBBS, BDS & others Admission, Application, Guidance, Documentation, and required services such as to eligible students regarding medical and higher studies…
BENEFITS OF STUDYING MBBS COURSE IN EASTERN MEDICAL COLLEGE
- The institute provides world-class advanced educational excellence and research.
- Eastern Medical College, Bangladesh has been designed to provide broad-based education and professional development for medical students.
- No need to appear for any language entrance exams (like IELTS/TOEFL/ PTE) to get admission to Eastern Medical College, Bangladesh.
- Every year, the college reserves 45% of the total seats for international students.
- The faculties are highly qualified and experienced.
- Many of Bangladesh’s leading physicians are affiliated with this college.
- Good facility for food is also available for the students coming from all corners of the world
- The problem of language barrier does not exist because English is used as the medium of instruction in the college Campus which is good for avoiding any sort of language barriers.
- ATM booth within the campus.
- There is the providence of obligation in serving others.
- There is the providence of quality clinical activities.
- The college also holds social responsibility.
- The college believes in the holistic development of every student, therefore to keep students physically fit and active the college organizes various sports tournaments and encourages students to participate in them.
- Apart from sports activities, various cultural programs are organized on a regular basis. All the major Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, Eid and other festivals are celebrated in the college.
- The hostel is within walking distance of shopping malls, restaurants, cafeterias, and bus stops.
- Every year, 45 percent of the total seats are reserved for international students.
- Video call booth for foreign students to communicate with their parents and guardian
- Every EMC student has a unique ID & Password through which their guardian can log into the EMC website (Student’s Profile) to know the academic details, performance & other information about their child.
Eastern Medical College aims at the holistic development of the student by incorporating innovative and modern teaching techniques, activities, practical exposure, and opportunities to participate in national/international scientific forums. To provide skilled manpower in the medical nursing and paramedical fields. To provide quality medical care and health services to people at a reasonable cost
Army Medical College Cumilla (AMCC) stands out as a distinguished institution for medical education in Bangladesh. Affiliated with the Bangladesh Army, it reflects the military’s ethos of discipline, dedication, and excellence in the field of medicine.
The college is aimed at producing healthcare professionals who are not only skilled in their field but also embody the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
AMCC offers a comprehensive MBBS program designed to equip students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to excel in the healthcare sector. The curriculum is meticulously structured to include both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, ensuring a well-rounded medical education.
The campus of Army Medical College Cumilla is equipped with modern facilities to support an enriching learning environment. This includes:
Spacious Classrooms: Well-designed and equipped with the latest teaching aids to facilitate effective learning.
Advanced Laboratories: State-of-the-art labs for subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, and more, enabling students to gain hands-on experience.
Library: A comprehensive library with a vast collection of books, journals, and electronic resources, providing ample learning materials for students.
Hospital Affiliation: For practical training, students have access to affiliated hospitals, offering them a real-world experience of patient care and hospital management.
The faculty at AMCC comprises highly qualified and experienced medical professionals and academicians who are committed to imparting quality education. Their dedication to teaching and mentoring ensures that students not only learn the intricacies of medical science but also the importance of compassion, empathy, and ethical practice in their profession.
Admission and Eligibility
Admission to the MBBS program at Army Medical College Cumilla is competitive, with candidates required to meet specific academic criteria and pass an entrance examination. The college seeks students who demonstrate a strong academic background, particularly in science subjects, and a keen interest in pursuing a career in medicine.
Graduates from AMCC are highly regarded in the medical community, both nationally and internationally. With a degree from this institution, students are well-prepared to enter various fields within the healthcare sector, pursue further specialization, or engage in research and academic roles.
Army Medical College Cumilla is more than just a medical college; it’s a place where future medical leaders are nurtured. With its emphasis on discipline, comprehensive education, and practical training, AMCC stands as a beacon for those aspiring to make a significant impact in the field of medicine.
The college not only equips its students with the medical knowledge and skills needed to excel but also instills in them the values of integrity, compassion, and professionalism.