North Bengal Medical College, Sirajgong
North Bengal Medical College (NBMC) is the first private medical college in the northern part of Bangladesh. The college was established on year 2000 by a group of highly motivated and dedicated local leaders and elites to provide best medical education, research and services to people of this region. The campus has a special scenic beauty with lush green trees and meadows interspersed by newly constructed modern buildings and old heritage buildings.
North Bengal Medical College | Authorized Consultant
It was established in 1968 as the first medical college of North Bengal. Originally envisioned by Dr. B. C. Roy, the planning was executed by Ajit Kumar Panja, the then state health minister. Prof. Ajit Kr. Duttagupta joined as the first official principal of the college which was then known as North Bengal University Medical College. NBUMC was rechristened in August 1978 to North Bengal Medical College & Hospital and the administrative control went from North Bengal University to Govt. of West Bengal.
The College is situated in a beautiful location on the bank of River Jamuna, covering an area of 6.17 acres (18.17 bighas) of land in the district town of J.C. Road, Dhanleandi, Sirajgonj,Bangladesh.
Admission Process for MBBS Education
The application form, prospectus, and other information are available at the office of Sylhet Women’s Medical College, and the completed application form and relevant documents must be submitted to the office by the candidate or his/her representative in person within the announced date and time.
Document to be attached
The students need to apply in the prescribed form which can be collected from the principal’s office. The completed form, along with the documents is to be submitted on or before the date as declared in the advertisement.
- Attested photocopies of the transcripts of SSC and HSC or equivalent Examinations.
- Attested photocopies of the certificate/testimonial of SSC and HSC or equivalent Examination.
- Four copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
- Nationality certificate from Chairman of the Union Parishad/Ward Commissioner of Metropolitan City of National ID Card.
- Money receipt of the purchased admission form.
- The admission form must be completed properly.
- Admit card from DG Health.
- Merit Score and Position of the exam taken by DG Health.
Fortune Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh is World Leading & Pioneer Education Consultant of Medical Colleges & Universities. Providing MBBS, BDS, BVSc admission for medical aspirants & prospective students who are interested to study MBBS, BDS, BVSc and considering higher study opportunities in Bangladesh and overseas.
Fortune Education has legal rights to process admission to Medical, Dental colleges and universities all over the world. We offer MBBS, BDS & others Admission, Application, Guidance, Documentation, and required services such as to eligible students regarding medical and higher studies…
- NMC –National Medical Commission of India
- ECFMG-Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
- FAIMER’s IMED -Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory
- ACGME– Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- MCC – Medical Council of Canada
- WHO –World Health Organization
- BMDC -Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
- Approved by University of Dhaka
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Students
North Bengal Medical College
- You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
- Your eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course:
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/’A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2018.
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects.
- HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2020.
- A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 9.00 (Nine).
- Minimum GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 3.5 (three & half).
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5.
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C’. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3.
- Minimum GPA in Biology: 3.5 (three & a half).
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decide to get admitted into North Bengal Medical College & Hospital.
- NEET Certificate (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) Must be mandatory.
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- School/College Passed Certificates.
- Mark/Grade Sheet.
- School Leaving Certificate (Testimonial).
- Copy of Passport.
- Two Passport Size Photograph of Applicant.
- Only applications transmitted through Bangladesh Mission abroad will be accepted.
- All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. Education Board, the Foreign Ministry of the respective country, and respective Bangladesh Mission abroad/respective foreign Mission based in Dhaka.
- Successful applicants have to produce all academic certificates and mark sheets/transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt, and filled admission form to Fortune Education for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from the Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by us.
- Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport, and a letter of intent to Fortune Education for advance booking of your seat.
- Having received the permission letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates,
the Medical College office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
North Bengal Medical College Fee Structure
Total Tuition Fees with Hostel US$ 35, 000.00 to 45,000.00
North Bengal Medical College Highlights
|Year of foundation of NBMC
|Government or Private
|International MBBS students in NBMC
|Number of Indian students
|No. of hospitals in NBMC with Beds
|January every year
|Eligibility Criteria in 10+2
|60% in PCB, Minimum 7 GPA
|MBBS Course Duration
|5 Years + 1 Yr Internship
|Medium of Instructions
|Is Bengali language Taught?
|No, Not required
|Recognition and Affiliations
|WHO, MCI, BMDC, NMC
|Recognition of NBMC
|MCI and WHO Approved
|Nearest International Airport
|Distance from India
|8 hrs from Kolkata by bus
|Average Weather in Sirajganj
|Jan Lowest: 11°C, July Highest: 30°C
Hostel and Accommodation
- There is a limited number of Hostel accommodations for the girl student on the college campus, which will be allocated to female students on a “first come first serve basis”
- There is no hostel for male students. But the college office shall try to find accommodation for the male student in rental houses in the close vicinity of the college.
- There is a fixed food arrangement on a monthly basis in the hostels.
- Cooking is allowed in the hostel and charges are covered in North Bengal Medical College tuition fees.
- Food in mess and canteen is not covered under North Bengal Medical College tuition fees.
- Books, stationery, uniform, laptop, etc cost up to INR 7000/ year.
- Bangladesh SIM cards, WIFI is not covered in North Bengal Medical College tuition fees and costs around 600 Bangladeshi Taka.
- The cost of air travel during holidays can be around INR 18,000/trip.
- Reappearing in any exam, the supplementary test fee is not covered in North Bengal Medical College tuition fees and costs around 500 Bangladeshi Taka/test.
- Recognition and registration from University of Dhaka of BMDC are covered in North Bengal Medical College tuition fees.
- Student visa application for extension is not covered under North Bengal Medical College tuition fees and cost about 2000 Bangladeshi Taka/year.
Why Choose North Bengal Medical College For MBBS?
There are many reasons that made you to enroll seat for medical education in NBMC college in Bangladesh, reasons are-
- MCI approved medical college
- College has it’s own hospital building
- Study curriculum and clinical exposure same as India
- Teaching and education language is English
- 5Year MBBS +1 Year Internship is mandatory
- Experienced and skilled faculties
- Fee and other costs are affordable
- High standard computerized lab with modern facilities.
- College offers Under-graduate & Post-graduate courses
- MBBS fee structure (including tuition, food, accommodation, and quality of living) is comparatively lower than other European and Western countries.
- No admission test is required to study MBBS in NBMCH Bangladesh medical college.
- The climate in Bangladesh is relatively similar to the Indian climate.
- Due to shared history, there’s an abundance of good quality Indian food and restaurants.
Frequently ask question (FAQ)
- Which are the entrance exams accepted by North Bengal Medical College?
North Bengal Medical College will accept the entrance exam scores of NEET UG, NEET PG for admission.
- How do I get an admission in North Bengal Medical College?
If you are looking for direct admission North Bengal Medical College, Bright Educational Service is the right place for you which have India’s top most direct admission consultants and where we give 100% assurance of admissions in India as well as admissions abroad.
- Does the North Bengal Medical College have hostel facility?
Yes,North Bengal Medical College has separate hostel facility for both boys and girls. It is situated in inside a campus.
- How is the atmosphere there in North Bengal Medical College campus?
The North Bengal Medical College college atmosphere is good. Which is offering the great infrastructure to the students for healthy physical and mental growth.
Pioneer & Leading Authorized Representative of Medical Colleges in Bangladesh & Abroad
Head Office: 23/C, Zigatola, Dhaka-1209, Bangladesh
Website: www.fortuneedu.org , www.mbbsbd.com