The academic activities of Islami Bank Medical College commenced through the admission of 50 students in the 2003-04 academic session. Islami Bank Medical College is affiliated with the University of Rajshahi. The admission is based on merit keeping in conformity with Government Order published and adopted by IBMC Academic Council and Governing Body.
Islami Bank Medical College Rajshahi
MBBS Admission Procedure
The application form, prospectus, and other information are available at Fortune Education and the completed application form and relevant documents must be submitted to the office within the announced date and time.
Document to be attached
The students need to apply in the prescribed form which can be collected from the principal’s office. The completed form, along with the documents is to be submitted on or before the date as declared in the advertisement.
- Attested photocopies of the transcripts of SSC and HSC or equivalent Examinations.
- Attested photocopies of the certificate/testimonial of SSC and HSC or equivalent Examination.
- Four copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
- Nationality certificate from Chairman of the Union Parishad/Ward Commissioner of Metropolitan City of National ID Card.
- Money receipt of the purchased admission form.
- The admission form must be completed properly.
- Admit card from DG Health.
- Merit Score and Position of the exam taken by DG Health.
The information related to total course expenses will be notified in the college notice board during the publication of the final result. The tuition fee may be paid monthly.
Students who fail to pass their final professional examination in five years’ time will have to pay the prescribed tuition fees for the period beyond five years. The expenses rates are, however, subject to change from time to time. The admission fee is to be paid by Bank draft/Pay order in favor of Islami Bank Medical College, Rajshahi.
For more details please see the Notice Menu of this website(www.mbbsbd.com)
SEAT AVAILABLE FOR THE MBBS COURSE
There is accommodation for 85 students in each academic session. Admission will be on the basis of the merit of the students and the criteria as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and BM&DC.
Fees Structure For International Student
Total Fees For MBBS Course in This college is US$40000
Contact Fortune Education For Fees Details
Fortune Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh is World Leading & Pioneer Education Consultant of Medical colleges & universities. Providing MBBS, BDS, BVSc admission for medical aspirants & prospective students who are interested to study MBBS, BDS, BVSc and considering higher study opportunities in Bangladesh and overseas.
Fortune Education has legal rights to process admission to Medical, Dental colleges and universities all over the world. We offer MBBS, BDS & others Admission, Application, Guidance, Documentation, and required services such as to eligible students regarding medical and higher studies…
Fortune Education invites students to register for MBBS & BDS admission with a special Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24.
Affirmation & Recognition
- NMC –National Medical Commission of India
- ECFMG-Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
- FAIMER’s IMED -Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory
- ACGME– Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- MCC – Medical Council of Canada
- WHO –World Health Organization
- BMDC -Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
Islami Bank Medical College is located at Airport Road, Nawdapara, Sopura, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. The 7 storied academic building is housing all the departments along with a 650 beds academic hospital.
Islami Bank Medical College is established with a view to training the specially selected high-quality medical candidates to be called ‘Medical students’ for five academic years. They will follow the medical course according to the syllabus laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) formulated for MBBS & BDS degree. The degree thus conferred by the University of Dhaka will be recognized through registration by BMDC. Islami Bank Medical College (IBMC) is committed to creating a cadre of high-quality doctors both by medical knowledge and high moral values, dedicated to suffering humans physically and psychologically in the nation and others across geographical boundaries.
The objectives of Islami Bank Medical College are
- To teach that we the human species “are Ashraful maks-lu-kat” created to live in the community with harmony and for each other with tender caring.
- Teaching biochemical sciences is traditionally required for medical graduates to meet the responsibilities of providing as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
- To produce religiously well-disciplined, self-motivated, and dedicated doctors imbued with the spirit of devotion to respond to human, duty, kindness, tolerance, patience, and compassion.
- To instill a wide knowledge of the social and economic condition of Bangladesh with a view to imbuing in them the belief, value, and ideas of the nation.
- To inspire the development of essential character qualities, a strong sense of righteousness, and a basic desire to serve the suffering humanities at home and also abroad.
The capabilities of the college are as under:
- Presently the college is training 100 MBBS & 20 BDS students in each batch.
- Capable of running 200 students’ academic activities in each batch.
- Building up the desire amongst the passed out doctors to prosecute further studies leading to specialization. in future.
Eligibility Criteria (Foreign Student):
- You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
- Your eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course:
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/’A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2020.
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects.
- HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2022.
- A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 9.00 (Nine).
- Minimum GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 3.5 (three & half).
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5.
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C’. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3.
- Minimum GPA in Biology: 3.5 (three & a half).
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decide to get admitted into Islami Bank Medical College.
- NEET Certificate (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) Must be mandatory.
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- School/College Passed Certificates.
- Mark/Grade Sheet.
- School Leaving Certificate (Testimonial).
- Copy of Passport.
- Two Passport Size Photograph of Applicant.
- Only applications transmitted through Bangladesh Mission abroad will be accepted.
- All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. Education Board, the Foreign Ministry of the respective country, and respective Bangladesh Mission abroad/respective foreign Mission based in Dhaka.
- Successful applicants have to produce all academic certificates and mark sheets/transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt, and filled admission form to Fortune Education for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from the Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by us.
- Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport, and a letter of intent to Fortune Education for advance booking of your seat.
- Having received the permission letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, the Medical College office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
MBBS COURSE INFORMATION
IBMCR offers a 5 years MBBS course under Rajshahi University. The academic session starts every year in the month of January. The course is recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council and approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of The People’s Republic of Bangladesh. The postgraduate training, rendered to the aspiring young MBBS doctors, as a prerequisite for the postgraduate courses of the specialization, is also recognized by the Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons (BCPS). The academic activities of Islami Bank Medical College & Hospital Rajshahi, Bangladesh are globally accredited by the International Accreditation Organization (IAO). This college also offers a 4 years BDS course under Rajshahi University. The academic session for the BDS course starts every year in January which is also recognized by the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council & Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. The objective of the BDS course is to prepare a dental surgeon with the required knowledge, skill & attitude to practice dental surgery to improve oral & dental health in the community.
COURSE AND CURRICULUM
The undergraduate MBBS course is a 5-year academic course followed by 1 year of internship after graduation. The official language of the academic activities in English. The course and curriculum for five academic years are the same as formatted by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. The following subjects are being studied during the five academic years as outlined by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council.
|Phase I||1.5 years||First Professional
|Phase II||1 year||Second Professional
|Phase III||1 year||Third Professional
|Phase IV||1.5 years||Final Professional
|Medicine & allied subjects
Surgery & allied subjects
Obstetrics & Gynecology
BDS COURSE INFORMATION
The BDS course is 4 years of studies followed by 1 year of compulsory professional practice in the form of a rotatory internship. The course & curriculum for 4 academic years is the same as formatted by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council. The course will be divided into 4 years & will consist of 8 terms. The time allocation of 4 years of academic studies shall be as follows.
A term having 20 weeks for teaching will have at least 100 full working days and therefore approximately 600 hours of teaching time. On this basis each year will have approximately 1200 hours of teaching time.
SUBJECT TO BE TAUGHT & TIME ALLOCATION
|1st year|| Part-I
University Exam Vacations
|Anatomy with Histology
Physiology with Biochemistry
Science of Dental Materials
|2nd year|| Part-II
University Exam Vacations
|General & Dental Pharmacology
Pathology & Microbiology
Oral Anatomy & Physiology
Dental Public Health
|3rd year|| Part-III
University Exam Vacations
Periodontology & Oral Pathology
Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
|4th year|| Part-IV
University Exam Vacations
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
The college library is housed in a fully air-conditioned hall providing accommodation for approximately 120 readers at a time. The library is enriched with a good collection of the latest edition books and Journals. It is developed to meet the needlecraft errand students. Text and reference books of different disciplines are available. Development of the library is a continuous process having provisions of purchasing books every year. Photocopy & Internet facilities are also available in the library
Bangladesh Television Documentary
Rajshahi is a metropolitan city and a major urban, commercial and educational center of Bangladesh. It is also the administrative seat of the eponymous division and district. Located on the north bank of the Padma River, near the Bangladesh-India border, the city has a population of over 763,952 residents. The city is surrounded by the satellite towns of Nowata and Katakhali, which together build an urban agglomeration of about 1 million population. Rajshahi is often considered the cleanest and green among the cities of Bangladesh.
Modern Rajshahi lies in the ancient region of Pundravardhana. The foundation of the city dates to 1634, according to epigraphic records at the mausoleum of Sufi saint Shah Makhdum. The area hosted a Dutch settlement in the 18th century. The Rajshahi municipality was constituted during the British Raj in 1876. It was a divisional capital of the Bengal Presidency.
Rajshahi is an important administrative, educational, cultural, and business center in Bangladesh today. It is a historic center of silk production. Varendra Research Museum, the oldest of its kind in Bangladesh, is located in the city. The city is home to many renowned educational institutions of Bangladesh. The head office of Rajshahi Agricultural Development Bank and Barind Multipurpose Development Authority (BMDA) is situated in the city. Rajshahi is served by the Shah Makhdum Airport.